AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Payment reality
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 2/27/2015 22:20 (#4419737 - in reply to #4419564)
Subject: RE: You my freind are in God's country I guess

Ok my mistake and my apologies for coming across perhaps too harshly.

I read your post as you asking for advice more than an opinion and I don't think anyone here should say they have all the answers or advise anyone else how to proceed.

I also took it that perhaps you were not familiar with the calculators that are out there so I wanted to illustrate with screen shots what one of them looked like. 

I'm just finding it rather disappointing that even after all the discussions we have had on Ag Talk , all the FSA meetings, all the articles, all the presentations, and tools made available that there still seems to be a lot of confusion on how this works as illustrated below with a county allowing a producer to opt for 100% corn base even though that clearly is not the case or option being made to the others that posted.

I agree it's a large unknown on price and risk for farmers to forecast that far ahead and try and do the right thing now with a single decision that covers 5 years. I spent an enormous amount of time learning and studying all of these options this winter. I feel I have made the best choices with the information I have at present for my own unique situation.

It was not my intent to persuade anyone or disagree with their choices but too only try and provide my understandings of things along with links to the various tools so that everyone could be more informed. 

Again my apologies I'm just trying to expand the knowledge base for those that are still not clear on all of this and I think Ag Talk has served as a wonderful place to allow discussion and debate on this complicated bill and complex decision that we will have to live with going forward.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)