AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 500 with ez steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 5/8/2021 23:29 (#8994937 - in reply to #8994443)
Subject: RE: Trimble 500 with ez steer

Middlesex County, Ontario
Tomcat - 5/8/2021 19:41

Tried my new to me 500 with Ez Steer.

1) Followed directions in book went to make a test pass and it tells me it can’t engage AB line. But I just set AB.

2) Also short of disconnecting power supply how do I power it down ?

3) At the end of the field what do I need to do to make a turn? Do I need to pull the plunger and tilt it away?

If you reply to my post talk like I know nothing about it.

1. By default, you cannot engage on the 0 AB line. The 0 AB line is the “master” line (the other lines are 1L, 2L... 1R, 2R, etc). This default setting was supposedly created so that untrained operators would not create an AB line on the edge of the field, engage, and then hit things while still on the edge of the field. In order to engage on the 0 AB line, you will have to turn the setting “engage on AB line” to true. I believe this setting is only available while in the “advanced settings” mode (not available in the simple settings mode).

2. The 500 does not have a power switch. When it gets power, it turns on. When power is removed, it saves and turns off. There is an internal battery that keeps it powered up for a few seconds so that it can save. On the 250 monitor you can hold the I button, and on the 750 monitor there is a power button on the back of the screen, but the 500 does not have any way to shut down other than to remove power. You can add a toggle switch if you want. Or wire it into keyed power. All GPS systems need a few minutes to warm up, so wiring into the ignition can be frustrating if the tractor needs to be shut down for a few seconds. But toggle switches get left on and GPS monitors kill batteries...

3. You do not need to tilt the motor away to turn around. To deactivate auto steer you can
a) press the green steering wheel button (it will turn yellow)
b) grab the steering wheel and start your turn. Auto steer will automatically deactivate when it senses that you are turning the wheel. If it doesn’t sense that you are steering the wheel, then play with the override sensitivity setting.
c) hold the foot switch or momentary engage switch for half a second. Only if you have such a switch wired in. It would plug into the center plug of the T2 terrain box if you had one.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 5/8/2021 23:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)