AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help with surface & subsurface drainage on hillside and field
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

birddog123
Posted 5/7/2021 17:32 (#8992568 - in reply to #8992492)
Subject: RE: Need help with surface & subsurface drainage on hillside and field

deereboy8400 - 5/7/2021 17:36

I dont know the right way to do it, you've got a lot going on there. The way we would handle something like that is run a tile up to each of the road culverts and put an intake riser pipe inside of a rock lined basin to get the water underground as soon as possible. Riser pipes are a pain to live with and maintain. Hickenbottom is another name for what I call a riser pipe intake.

Edit: if your neighbors' "swales" are fanned out over a wide area, you could make a French drain....shallow tile covered with leach field gravel and maybe filter fabric. Preferably in a basin to lessen runoff.

I see the hickenbottom .. so it lets water fall underground into a pipe. do you connect it to a non perforated pipe?

I have controlled the swales a little bit, i dug trench by hand to help. The most flowing swale is the first one all the way to the right, i have it going down the steepest part of the hill, however i think it naturally wants to flow the way of the runoff, so i think i'm getting water sheeting underground essentially flooding the hill to the left and also going downhill flooding the lower field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)