AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Local high school student brought 2 guns to school
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 5/6/2021 19:51 (#8991039 - in reply to #8989734)
Subject: RE: Local high school student brought 2 guns to school

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

I am well aware that violence, including school violence, has always existed and is really no "worse" than it has been in the past. In fact, a few years ago I did a fair amount of research into this subject. The earliest reference I could find to what could legitimately be called a "school shooting" was to a University of Virginia law student shooting and mortally wounding his professor on November 12, 1840.

And yes, it is more widely reported nowadays than in the past, but I went through 12 years of public school. In the county where I grew up there were five small high schools plus middle and elementary schools. During those 12 years I know of only one altercation between students involving a firearm of any kind and that happened after school and not on school property. Where I went to school if a student got out of line (especially the male students) the "board of education" was vigorously applied to the "seat of the problem" and the problem was solved. Maybe we need to go back to some of that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)