AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First lawsuit against white farmer discrimination filed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Brown Cow
Posted 5/4/2021 18:55 (#8987490 - in reply to #8987341)
Subject: RE: First lawsuit against white farmer discrimination filed

SW Wisconsin
The USDA is the defendant, but it's not really their fault. The law that was passed is unconstitutional, and the USDA is tasked with implementing it. I signed on to the suit not because I expect or even want to get my loans forgiven (the suit isn't even asking for that), but because including or excluding anybody on the basis of race is racist. Racism has been a problem in our country for a long time, and the way to fix it is shockingly simple: don't be racist. It's a big issue, and of all the big things that are wrong in the world this is one that I saw an opportunity to actually maybe do something about instead of just complain. If an individual was discriminated against, by all means try to go back to that individual and make it right. But when we're talking about later generations who might have been affected by discrimination against earlier generations, we can all go back and find somebody in our family tree who was dealt a terrible hand. The only response that doesn't lead to a vicious back and forth of injustices and counter-injustices is "we're terribly sorry, it won't happen again, but sh*t happens."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)