AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First lawsuit against white farmer discrimination filed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 5/5/2021 07:05 (#8988240 - in reply to #8988183)
Subject: RE: First lawsuit against white farmer discrimination filed

North Central Illinois
A program that is designed to compensate people of color for alleged discrimination is bound to discriminate against those who are not people of color right? I have never seen an explanation of how and when people of color were discriminated against by the USDA. Until they can articulate exactly how and when this alleged discrimination occurred, I can't openly support any program designed to compensate for it. I think just about any program that compensates black farmers for discrimination is going to technically discriminate against white farmers. I don't see any way around it. If there was indeed discrimination, how do you compensate black farmers without discriminating against white farmers? For the record I think the whole loan forgiveness angle is silly and misguided. Be it that program or another one that financially compensates, do you as a white farmer think you should be compensated in the same manner even though you were not discriminated against? I am just asking. I do not support the program but I think white farmers claiming discrimination because they weren't part of a settlement for discrimination against black farmers is more than a little silly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)