AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No till nitrogen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jd43
Posted 5/5/2021 06:24 (#8988162 - in reply to #8986910)
Subject: RE: No till nitrogen

Northeastern Pa.
Here is another option that works good for me in no-till or conventional. Broadcast P&K as needed. Replace your 2x2 liquid starter with 12 gal,/acre of 28 or 32 then use 25 gal' 28 -0 -0-2 2 is sulfur so you don't need a stabilizer as your chemical carrier. I prefer and have proven side dressing 25-30 gal. of 28 is the biggest yield gainer on all our soil types. I have also gone right back in and sprayed or dribbled that same amount after planting vs. side dressing. I have sprayed or dribbled before planting but you will get some rust on your openers. All will work but nothing has beat side dressing from 6" corn to 2' corn in yield. A big side benefit was I saved big bucks eliminating liquid starter that really didn't give us a good analysis of what I wanted vs. dry. Dry you can formulate the way you want it. I'm in the same boat as you with hay to make. Last year we had a good week of weather to hay with rain coming at the end of the week so it was decision time. I picked side dressing and it was the right decision that time. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)