AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alaskan cruise ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Wilcat
Posted 5/4/2021 04:39 (#8986257 - in reply to #8985598)
Subject: RE: Alaskan cruise ideas

NC Ohio
We went out of Vancoover on a Christian sponsored cruise and I was hesitant at first, thinking it would be a boring trip! But I would do it again with Chuck Swindoll, David Jeremiah, Charles Stanley or others through Inspiration Travel. There is a lot of "at sea"time on the ship, and the christian speakers , musicians and entertainment are daily highlights! And the other passengers with ouur group of about 600 people out of the 900+ on the ship, were all friendly, midwest people. This was not a party ship, but we ate very well with some nice folks every night, and enjoyed what otherwise would have been pretty quiet time watching the scenery go by from our balcony.
Yes spend the extra to get a balcony! Friends recommended this, and we were glad we got the outdoor space for our own view. And I would recommend that you sit with other passengers at meals , especially dinner. It will be good to bond with family on a cruise, but dont miss out on meeting some people who may be on your Christmas card list for the next few years!
We scheduled shore excursions, which can be expensive, but you won't see the interior at all if you dont go on a hike, or take a float plane up to a remote lodge for a salmon dinner! This was worth the price! we flew over glaciers and landed in a river, then ate in a lodge with salmon cooked overan outdoor grill that the local bears came and cleaned up after the grilling.
The towns you dock in are full of vendors hocking jewelry and tee shirts, so be prepared to see strip mall type stores.

Edited by Wilcat 5/4/2021 04:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)