AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fundamentals don't mean squat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 5/2/2021 09:09 (#8983014)
Subject: Fundamentals don't mean squat

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
Don't want to sound like another pessimistic post, ----BUT--- reading down below the responses about when the market will straighten back out and be profitable or at least have cattle values both fed and feeder when X Y or Z fundamental happens. Got me reminiscing about conversations i had as recently as 90 days ago. My conclusions were that April board and cash had to hit $130 fed, demand was high weights had dropped, cow numbers still down , box beef steady climb, inventory very current, exports stronger then ever ! but yet as soon as the board makes any small strides forward and as box beef pierces the stratosphere we magically have another anemic fed market, anyone who argues that this is just how business works ! this is capitalism at play ? YADA YADA is just kidding themselves, this level of manipulation is just not found anywhere in the business world that i can find. They can slow chains down, kill or not kill on weekends. shut plants down for maintenance at market opportune times, circumvent packers and stockyard with captive supply in numerous forms, make phone calls between themselves. I am starting to think that unless we show up with pitchforks and torches in the middle of the night at certain top packer executives house and drag them out of their beds we will just continue down the path of "repeating the same thing and expecting different results" the problem is there is little trickle down effect of this market manipulation to other segments of society. It is just the guy with crap on his boots when he comes in at night and wishes he had time or ideas to do something about it. We as a group can brave blizzard, drought, flood, lean times, family stress, cows trying to kill you, bulls trying to kill you and your horse, calves trying their hardest to die and WELL the list goes on, but the one thing the toughest guys in the world cant seem to fix is how to stop getting homered buy some pencil neck wimp in an office chair somewhere laughing all the way to the bank ! explain it to me the most they ever made spread between what they paid us and what they sold our beef for was last year during the pandemic scare, now they are doing it in the light of day and laughing at us **it kickers explain it someone anyone TEX ? how the current board at $116 five area at $192 and box beef has pushed $300 ? help us really stupid people that probably "need to fail" understand the FUNDAMENTALS at work here !
ON A LIGHTER SIDE i aint going nowhere ! i will fight for my son ! i will fight for my grandsons ! how can i give up ? this week my oldest grandson was driving his girlfriend around our farm/ranch with pride as she marveled at the cattle on feed. and knowing the pride my grandsons have in this place i will fight until i win or grab my chest trying ! Hang in there i for one, don't want anyone doing this for a living to fail !
Reading this before posting sounds to dark so i will close with saying "I LOVE MY JOB" got to spend some time on the planting tractor yesterday ! theropy ! something about putting a seed in the ground !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)