AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agressive Bees
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dax
Posted 4/28/2021 11:17 (#8976897)
Subject: Agressive Bees

Cumberland County, TN

Man, 70, stung to death by bees:

Agressive Bees

I was put into the hospital once by bumble bees.  The worst sting I've ever had though was by a hornet.  I've heard people say that a hornet can knock a man down.  (???)

I thought, "Oh, that's crazy!  How could a little ol' bug knock down a man?"

On one summer day when I was a teenager, Mom told me, "Go out and get your dad and tell him that dinner's ready."

So I went out to get Dad.  He was mowing a fence row with an open-bladed, high-wheel mower.  As I approached from about 50 feet away, something hit me in the forehead so hard that it rocked me back a few steps.  I instinctively put my hand up on my forehead and then took it back down and took a look at my fingers.

I fully expected to see a lot of blood, thinking that the mower had thrown a rock or a piece of metal at me.  There wasn't any blood.  Then, as I looked back toward Dad and the mower, I saw some more bugs coming at me at high speed.

Bee, Wasp, Hornet, and Ant Stings - Injuries and Poisoning - Merck Manuals  Consumer Version With a sting that can kill, 'Murder Hornets' land in U.S. | PBS NewsHour

He'd bumped a brace-pipe at the headpost and it had a nest of hornets in it - and they held ME responsible!!  That hornet didn't knock me down - but he came pretty CLOSE!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)