AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you trust the justice system?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jd43
Posted 4/21/2021 12:47 (#8965214 - in reply to #8965121)
Subject: RE: Do you trust the justice system?

Northeastern Pa.
It depends on which side you're on. My cousin was walking along the highway at night and got knocked out of his sneakers by a drunk off duty State cop. The cop switched seats with his girl friend and let her take the fall. Neither got any thing but a slap on the wrist for killing my cousin. I can still see his sneakers setting along the road without him, in my mind.
Years later my wife and son got hit head on by a drunk pulling out of our barn driveway. We went to a hearing with a magistrate (she was the girl friend of a State Trooper) the drunk sat with the cop and said this and that about the accident. I asked about him being drunk, having a revoked license and going beyond the speed limit. The magistrate said I couldn't talk and if I did I'd be in contempt of court. My wife was sited for pulling out of a private drive.Nothing else mattered. I will say the magistrate gave me no preferential treatment for growing up next door to her and then renting her dads farm. She liked cozy cops though. So that's my experience with the justice system plus a few more issues.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)