AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agco Grows Up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pudding
Posted 5/5/2009 06:37 (#703376 - in reply to #702759)
Subject: Re: Agco Grows Up

Somewhereville, Earth
when you guys generalise that the only difference is colour, i hope you have done your home work

the fendt is completely diff to a MF, to a valtra............although the MF uses the fendt trans and the valtra engine on the bigger ones, incidently CIH uses a valtra engine on one of its tractors, and will probably dissapear with the event of the puma CVX

valtra is well healed here too, the local dealer moves a lot of them. the fendt/MF dealer is currently changing hands and re establishing. I don't believe agco has a problem with marketing of many brands, its serious problem is troubleshooting, and back up support, holding the hand of the dealers and ensuring a consistent quality of dealer. the good thing with MF and Challenger brands operating in the same market is the higher % of common parts between machines for nationwide parts warehouses to carry parts. where as fendt and valtra are very different to MF and Challenger. people become anti when they see agco starting to use parts from other brands in there tractor lines, especially when ideas from the 'common' brands get used in the 'premium' brands.......but agco has to, to simplify parts

all the brands are great, my opinion is the market is not big enough, more sold would help justify more parts stock and more investment in support, however is a dealer only sells one tractor, you still expect the same support, the dealer still needs the tools for one tractor as 10 tractors.

stink if you are in america and loyal fendt farmer, but good move for agco, it will simplify there issues, here in NZ we have MF instead of challenger wheeled machines, and the cat challenger brand in select agco dealers, and in austrailia they have everything. some say the MF brand is strong here in this market, but when we first started getting the MF varios, i think the sales man would have sold more in challenger colours, the stigma of the brand can stick in peoples minds for years and years. but seeing those MF varios go out and do there job, its great to see, the 7400 series has been very very successful, now they have revived the MF brand, they need to stick with it, and built it,

simplifying brands in countrys, but keeping all brands is good thinking, imagine what would happen if fendt was dropped, what would happen to its key german market. and if valtra was dropped the brazilians and scandinavian countrys would not be happy, and to be honest a lot of new zealand farmers would not be happy either.

its just like FIAT and SAME in italy,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)