AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

McAfee AV & firewall software question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 5/4/2009 07:15 (#702478 - in reply to #702350)
Subject: RE: McAfee AV & firewall software question

Norton and McAfee will both slow your computer down, make it slower to start up, slower to download web pages, slower to download email, slower on uploads. I don't have any exact numbers but I've seen my own computer get sluggish and you think it's taking forever to get something done.

I doubt that either of them will have much to do with a spreadsheet unless it is mighty complex or you are trying to email it.

My own personal thought is that the two big players want to get their fingers into controlling as much of your computer as possible therefore they are very complex and there is a lot of program running in the background. I'm not a computer tech, that's just my opinion.

I have heard that the very newest versions of Norton have improved dramatically, that the company finally "heard" about their problem because of reduced sales and is trying to correct it.

The last two computers I have purchased are both running Avast. Prior to that I ran AVG free for a number of years. I have not had any major problems with either program, I also run SpyBot every so often, it takes out the page counters and junk that various web pages put on your computer to monitor what you look at and do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)