AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

International tandem dump truck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ryansdriveway
Posted 4/9/2021 10:55 (#8941638 - in reply to #8939321)
Subject: RE: International tandem dump truck

Ken - 4/8/2021 07:37

To answer your question about getting it to your shop, I would bar the engine over to see if it's stuck, bring a big air compressor and air up the air tanks to see if brakes will release if not get a big hammer and start beating away. then keep tanks full of air and pull home. Before I would do anything on it I would want the title in hand, you might do all that work and the owner shows up and says thanks and takes the truck. When you put a battery in be sure there are no sparks and a short in the electric system, drain the fuel, change filters and bleed the system and see if it fires. If it has set along time with moving you can have a lot of rust in the rear ends, transmission and axles

Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to know. I watched a few videos of some guys starting up diesels that sat for years. This one’s only sat for three years. The only reason the quarry stopped using it is they didn’t have to use it anymore. They acquired better equipment. It ran when parked is what they said and they priced it low so that either way I dont loose. (I am a good customer). I’ll get it home to my shop and get a title for it then I’ll tear into it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)