AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

International tandem dump truck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ryansdriveway
Posted 4/9/2021 10:34 (#8941610 - in reply to #8939313)
Subject: RE: International tandem dump truck

mafrif - 4/8/2021 07:35

I would have said I'll take it that second.

If it runs, great, if it doesn't, you can easily part out some of it and make 4x the money invested.  I don't see much corrosion on it.  Big question is why it was parked, did the motor go down?

To go out and buy a "runner", dump trucks are ridiculously priced, could easily pay 25k for a runner and 100 miles later it has major engine problems.

Add some new fuel, jump the batteries and see what happens, if it wasn't junk when it was parked it could easily fire right up.
Brakes will likely be very stuck, need to rock back and forth to see if they will break free.

Good luck.  I'm building a dump truck right now because I refused to spend 30-40k to get a decent one.  

The quarry parked it because it was in efficient to their operation. It only holds 15 ton. They have bigger and better. The truck undoubtedly has some issues one of the biggest ones being the lack of a good title. That is what I will tackle first. Once I establish a title for it and I will. I will start chipping away at the problems untill it becomes roadworthy. I have known the Quarry for many years If they say it runs stops and dumps. I have no reason to doubt that other than it has sat for three or four years.. it is worth the gamble. If I revive it into a working daily truck. I’m nothing but money ahead!!! Plus it gives my adult kids something to work on!!! Thanks for the response.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)