AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Socially disadvantaged farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 4/8/2021 12:42 (#8939907 - in reply to #8939208)
Subject: RE: Socially disadvantaged farmers

Nw Iowa
Agree that racism is racism, I don’t know how you separate it. Government money has to stop period, especially when we are seeing recent highs in grain market. I am a conservative so pulling no bones about it but government trying to equalize a capitalist society with free money doesn’t work, never has. There are times when a sector needs help like ag and livestock last year when there was no market for grain and livestock guys were being gutted. Government always has a target but very seldom does free money take care of intended purpose without causing more unintended troubles somewhere else. We are just like regular consumers on Christmas morning, everybody happy about all their new gifts, but the Jan credit card statement will be coming in a big way.
I have never looked at a persons skin or race but what their work ethic is so never considered myself racist ( but to be fair pretty limited exposure to what is now considered racism, dad talks about Germans and Swedes having nothing to do with each other 50 yrs ago, , probably more Spanish here in our rural area) but all this racism is making non racist people racist. There are good and bad in every race but a lot of pictures I see of cities being wrecked and burnt I start to form a opinion. I am not making a racist comment, just commenting on pictures I see on tv. Even student riots in Florida this past March, look at pictures and make up your own mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)