AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skid loader question... 74 hp?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 3/12/2021 09:31 (#8887988 - in reply to #8879744)
Subject: RE: Skid loader question... 74 hp?

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
Just traded my Gehl 5240 in December for a Gehl RT165 with tracks of course. No comparison as far as lift, Ride is great with the air ride seat in it. Took a few hours to get used to the different controls and steering on the tracks but so far it's one of the best investments I've ever made. Only 3 idler wheels under the tracks instead of the 4 under the RT 185 and it rides much smoother because of it. That said one has to take a little more time going over a quick hump as the tip is quicker (sort of like a dozer that way) I really love the hydraulic float for when hauling a bale in the air a ways as it's less bounce on the entire machine and has to be less pressure on all the hoses ect.... 70hp Yamner engine again is working very well but I'm only up to about 75 hours so far.. With the tracks it's easier to get off the cement a little further if going straight and not worry about getting stuck like I did with the front 2 tires used to with my 5240.. Also it seems to lift more as its' lifting more "straight" up and the tracks balance the machine out so it seems a little more steady. (and grease zerks in the bushings which my 5240 didn't have as they had a teflon fitting around the pin but they seem to wear after awhile too. I like the grease~!
Kick~
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)