AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anyone have a fundraising idea for new church?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmman
Posted 4/29/2009 20:51 (#697529 - in reply to #696659)
Subject: RE: Thanks guys for your ideas, and more welcomed

Goff Kansas
Really are some good ideas, and I would think a couple will be used, and all considered. (execpt for the calender, but u can bet I will bring it up) As to respond to some of the responses, this is strictly to raise a little extra money. Like I said, we are a very small parish, and for ever and a day, thought we would be closed. After our bishop did a regional study, it was decided, and without much debate I might add, to keep us open. So with that cloud away, it seemed the proper time to turn our old church, which was a Catholic school from the 50's I beleive, and take the next step. Nothing fancy I assure you, but very practical. Something bigger and nicer, and safer. The last priest invited the bishop for a visit and to hold mass, but his biggest fear, was if one of the ceiling tiles would fall on his head during mass.. I kid u not!! The latest discussion is if we can afford brick instead of a siding, (and if you have a comment, keep it to your self, the committee's are sick of it already) Less than a half a mil, which as some of you know, does not buy much, but enough for us. So no fund raising firms, or even a hired architect. A box on a basement, with a small steeple and a cross tacked up there. A feasibility study was done, but was done in house. Very high marks for support, and the parishoners have been ourstanding in there estimated pledges. I commend them if they are reading this. But as always, there are cost overruns, and little extras. Just want to be prepared, and at the same time keep people involved not only with there check book, but as a way to come together as a parish and as a community. The last comment I heard, was from a parishoner who thought the whole thing would be paid for before the first mass is held there. I hope, but I bet not. 3 yrs, and a little luck, and perhaps with a little prayer, we will achieve our goals.. Thanks again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)