AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Benefits/Pitfalls of a guaranteed basic income as proposed by the Canadian government
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redoak
Posted 3/2/2021 11:51 (#8868037 - in reply to #8867795)
Subject: RE: Benefits/Pitfalls of a guaranteed basic income as proposed by the Canadian government

sw ontario
IDK if it would change much as would it be much different than bay bonuus/family allowance monies , welfare, social assistance ,subsidzed housing ,ect.?
As a farmer signed up for every gov't program I can its pretty hard to bash someone else getting money
I will disagree with those who say the poor are poor because of life choices , yes true in some cases but not everyone has the same opportunities growing up for jobs, education , family guidance, ect.
Never have met a 'poor person' who says they chose to be poor ,homeless or on social assistance.
The biggest challenge Canada and US is facing is the inequality between the haves and the have nots.

For those who desire but cannot afford it we need to give them a hand up through education ,housing , food banks....

For me and maybe 99% of the ones on this board we have no idea what it is too grow up in an inner city ghetto .

We grew up poor , but never lacked for necessities of life, parents love, ect....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)