AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IH 5100 drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 3/2/2021 09:39 (#8867791)
Subject: IH 5100 drill

Purchased a 5100 soybean special drill. Got it for about half price for what they normally go for around here. But I noticed a couple of things that need attention.
First is it has no cylinder. Not sure what size hydralic cylinder it takes if anyone knows please let me know so I can order one.
Also one of the bushings for the shaft that raises lowers the openers is loose coming out. Looks like previous owner pushed it back in and was using a hose clamp to prevent it from coming out.
The rest of the drill appears to be in decent shape guess I will know alot more once I get a cylinder on it and raise lower it to verify the clutch system is operating properly.

I guess I am also looking for a manual, have seen manuals on ebay but they do not specify for a soybean special anyone know if there is a difference?

All the press wheels seemed to be in good shape, as far as every 5100 drill I have looked at all the press wheel depth adjustments are free and move realitivly easy, infact better than any I have looked at.

I have seen where people were able to seed alfalfa with soybean special drills in the large seed box and wondering is clover would be possible too? I think I also know where a small seed box can be bought in what appears to be new condition with sprokets/chain for about $100.

Will be using it primarily for sorghum Sudan and rye grass/triticale

Edited by StxPecans 3/2/2021 09:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)