AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8050 AC FWA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 3/6/2021 10:43 (#8876083 - in reply to #8875495)
Subject: RE: 8050 AC FWA

Jeffersonville, OH
The ONLY time I have ever been inside the SIGE front axle that I can remember it has been ran low or out of oil. We rarely do much more than kingpins on them, but I have scared the dickens out of most people still running them to make sure they check the oil.

I have never not been able to fix them, but we have had to do some machining on the knuckles to make pivots and king pins fight tight if they let them go too far. I really can't see much difference in the cost of those parts and repairs than I have on most other FWA axles we have worked on. The newer stuff is readily available, but they aren't cheap either.

As far as the rest of the tractor, the 8050 with the 426 will last a good long time, but the 8070 was usually on borrowed time if you pulled it hard. The 8070 is a really good 150hp tractor, but a really bad 175hp tractor. The 426 never should have been turned that hard to get to 220 engine HP, but the 8050 is a very reliable power level for it. The 12 speed power shift is one of my favorite transmissions...not a ton of gears to pick from, but very reliable. I can only think of about 5 we have been deeper than a valve stack rebuild on them in the last 20 years or so. I'm sure eventually they will start wearing out, but so far so good. Better than most power shifts from the late 70's and early 80's. Very smooth shifting in my opinion.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)