AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John: non-esterified free fatty acids, you familiar?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

SWKS
Posted 2/25/2021 22:47 (#8858694 - in reply to #8858576)
Subject: RE: John: non-esterified free fatty acids, you familiar?

Southwest Kansas
When i first started keto I was also on 20mg atorvastatin. I was losing weight, >2.5lbs a week, exercising, and intermittent fasting (skipped breakfast). I had done this about 2 months and then one night forgot to take my Lipitor, next day I felt great, but took Lipitor again that night and felt really tired the following day. I experimented with taking and not taking it for a few weeks and was always tired if I took it and felt good when I didn’t. I even tried taking 10mg instead of the 20 and had same results. I didn’t think it had made me that tired before keto and had at one point been on an 80mg dose. I suspect all the carbs and sugar I had been eating before the diet was giving me energy with glucose. When I had been on the 80 mg dose for awhile I started having muscle and joint aches which I suspected were caused by the statin so I quit for a year, my old Dr. retired, and when I went to the new one she said the 80mg dose should be if I’d previously had a heart attack. Dr. Wanted me back on a statin but only 20mg. I’ve currently been off statins since March. A month or so ago I thought maybe I’ll try a half a pill again, yep fatigued the next day. So I guess I’ll just have to hope that low triglycerides and a raised HDL are as good as some say. My cholesterol is high as is my calculated LDL.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)