AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cost to level land to grade
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 2/22/2021 18:57 (#8851647 - in reply to #8851147)
Subject: RE: Cost to level land to grade

Southern Missouri
They touch every square inch of the fields here and not just to get it to drain ,to get every square ft within 1 /100 of ft of desired consistent slope and average cost is well below 1000 an acre but we are starting out pretty flat ,hundreds and hundreds of laser and gps controlled scrapers in southeast Missouri and they are all 2 scraper trains and not a single bucket I know of anywhere in this part of the world sets on a dolly ,all straight drawbar hitches,I have 3 neighbors in custom leveling business that have 30 rigs between them,I’ve used all 3 of them to assist us when we have bought places that had large yardage and would of taken us too long to do ourselves

Also anyone that did furrow irrigation here before and then after the invention of 12 inch and 15 inch lay flat tubing knows the difference there,absolutely no comparison at all,we can layout 2000 acres per tubing machine per day easy,and when irrigation season is over pickup is faster than that,once tube is laid,go by once a week start engine ,run 12 hours flip a valve at pump,run 12 more hrs,80 acres is watered good .

Where Detroit the agtalker in this thread is happens to be in the same old Mississippi River flood plain as I am ,he’s just a hundred and fifty miles south of me,grading ,watering ,setup ,is nearly the same for him as it is around us,farms with pivots here are from someone that set it up 40 years ago,it won’t be long till someone will take it over ,grade it ,haul the pivot off and furrow irrigate it,even rice around us is now starting to be furrow irrigated,improved ways for weed control has brought that on,no need to levee it and flood it anymore.

Edited by sloughclub 2/22/2021 20:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)