AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Norac UC4, UC4+, others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Allis4ever
Posted 2/20/2021 23:33 (#8847791 - in reply to #8846560)
Subject: RE: Norac UC4, UC4+, others

central iowa
tedbear - 2/20/2021 11:15

I purchased used Hagie STS 10 late last Summer and haven't used it yet. It has the standalone Norac UC4 boom height system in it. Some years ago I had a Deere 4720 with a Norac UC4+ in it.

With flat land I didn't really need it much but it seemed to work fine as I recall. Since that sprayer was used and came from Wisconsin, it had 5 sensors rather than the standard 3.

We will be using MySideDrops with this sprayer and it would seem that having auto boom height would be helpful. My questions are 1) will the Norac 4 with 3 sensors be adequate? 2) would the Norac 4+ be a significant improvement? 3) if so what is involved with changing a UC4 to a UC4+?

It appears that the current version is the UC7 which must have some other enhancements. I will be running this with an InCommand 1200 so I guess the Ag Leader module would be yet another choice. When I had the Deere sprayer, having the UC4+ as a separate system and display was fine.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. TIA

Ted,

I am not sure if you can even update the 4 to a 4+ Anymore, You might want to contact Norac and see what they tell you. My sprayer has the updated 4+ with 3 sensors and in our hills and waterways it does just fine at 6 mph, Guessing you guys spray much faster but much flatter, so I would guess unless you have lots of terraces the 3 sensor should be fine. Really the only thing more sensors does is eliminate some of those strange terrain issues (think broad based terrace)

Sorry, I am no help with your sidedrops concern

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)