AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My thoughts on Rush
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Funacres
Posted 2/17/2021 19:53 (#8840554)
Subject: My thoughts on Rush

Texas

My wife and I first started listening to Rush in 1989 on WABC in New York City as we hauled building materials to Long Island.  We just happened to catch his show while fighting the traffic across the GWB and couldn't wait to catch his show again on each trip.  We hauled a load out there about every 10 days.  Rush soon became the delight of each trip for the entertaining factor.  I don't remember him as being very political in those days, but very entertaining with the callers.

During the Clinton years his show seemed to be dominated by his many labels for people groups and by his disdain for Bill Clinton.  I thought at the time it had lost something, but I still enjoyed listening for the entertaining quality.  Bill Clinton famously said, that even if you didn't like Rush, you couldn't deny he was entertaining.

During the Bush presidency that followed he had evolved into a daily ritual for me when possible.  I think my wife was even more hooked on listening to him as the years have passed.  They shared the same hometown and the same school districts.  Rush has been on in the house for the last several years.  Today was a sad day for us.

Now that Rush has passed, I'm thinking about starting my very own national radio show, just so that my wife will finally be willing to listen to me!  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)