AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What makes people so ill about what others do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 2/18/2021 09:01 (#8841649 - in reply to #8838823)
Subject: RE: What makes people so ill about what others do?

Thumb of Michigan
After listening to all the chest thumping on masks starting almost a year ago, I was growing pretty weary of the entire topic by last fall. I wear a mask, think its better than nothing, and I don't feel like my life has been irreparably because of it. You don't want to not wear one, great.

Where the "discussion" came was when one individual I've know for years- whos entire medical, science, biology, and legal knowledge of Covid came from Face Book. And he decided to go off on a mask wearer. He got all done ranting, beating his chest about how smart he was to tell a lady how dumb she was, and it got me curious. Exactly how did that woman's decision to wear a mask harm him? What disservice to him and the community was committed here? Was he really so scarred by this that he couldn't get over it?

Long story short- he attempted to do the right thing. He apologized to the lady. Didn't change his personal opinion on them one bit, but at least the crusade seems to be over.

Back to the topic: asked my wife (a retired RN) what her plans were to get the vaccine. She said she thinks she'll hold off for a while. She's not 65 yet and healthy. So, I foolishly I was going to wait as well. Not so much- she wants me wearing short sleeve short shirts to speed up the process in case I get the call to come in and get injected.

Edited by pat-michigan 2/18/2021 09:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)