AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recommend a good snowblower?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 2/6/2021 19:46 (#8812045 - in reply to #8811759)
Subject: RE: Recommend a good snowblower?

I got a ancient NI, and have only used a Red Devil myself, have watched some who had old Lundells that weren't much better than a shovel unless it was a fluffy snow. If I was blowing mostly drifts, I would probably want something like a Fair to chew through it. But we don't have alot of that were I am, just deep snows that are a pain to move with blades and loaders, so a heavy Auger blower like a Lorenz would probably be my pick that has auger that has "teeth" so to speak on it to help cut but would still work well in snows like we get here.

I got to say, I bought my ancient New Idea at sale for next to nothing, put a new PTO shaft on it, new bearings and chain, changed the chute control over to hydraulic and painted it as it was ugly and must have set in a fence row for years. Either way it has saved the day more than a few times. Just finished machining the brackets and welding them on the chute for a cylinder to run the deflector. Hopefully that will keep the big snows away for the rest of this year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)