AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Part 2: Have you ever had strange or unexplained experiences in remote areas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

wurtzy
Posted 2/8/2021 15:26 (#8816722 - in reply to #8807412)
Subject: RE: Part 2: Have you ever had strange or unexplained experiences in remote areas?

Valley, NE
so this past fall i had my bred heifers and a couple geriatric cows about 1/2 mile down the road from the farm. my 9 and 7 year old kids' job was to haul two buckets of corn on the four-wheeler down to them every day after school, well one thing led to another that day and it didn't get done right after school, but more closer to about 9:30 that night in the dark, so i went with them. I always carry a very nice and powerful LED head lamp with me because i do alot of chores at night after work but hate doing them in the dark. the head lamp has 3 settings, high, low and strobe. So we feed the heifers and pull out of the pasture, and one of the kids points out drone flying over head about 1/2 mile away. So in typical smartt@$$ fashion i light that drone up with my headlamp. (remember when everyone was talking about the drones in flying patterns all over nebraska?) so i'm sitting on the back of the fourwheeler and one of the kids is driving, and i'm just shining as much light at this drone as i can with my headlamp. Then it starts bearing down on us and catching up to us and losing altitude. Then out of no where another one shows up and starts bearing down on us. so we turn a corner into the farm yard and i shut down all the lights on the quad and my headlamp and the two drones continue on past the intersection and then make a 180 degree turn going back down the road like they're trying to find us. I hit them with the head lamp again and they turn towards us and start coming over the farm yard. so we pulled in the shed, with one kids scared to death and the other laughing his tail off about jacking around with these drones. So after about 5 minutes of the drones doing patterns over the farm yard, they start to head back to their route, so i hit them with the strobe function on my head lamp. They both stop and turn on their red strobe beacon lights to acknowledge us then continue south like nothing happened.

Craziest thing in the world, the kids still talk about it. I will say though, we havent seen hardly any more drones flying in our part of the county since that night.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)