AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Twin row corn and sunflower
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 2/17/2021 11:35 (#8839291 - in reply to #8838927)
Subject: RE: Twin row corn and sunflower

WC Mn/Dakotas
Syngenta - 2/17/2021 09:26

Hi,
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my delay. I am planting 28000 seeds per acre (7200 seeds per hectare) and my yield is 120 to 185 bushels per acre (8500 to 12000 kg per hectare). Also my fields do not have irrigation only bless for rain which is around 350 to 550 liters year. Also my seeds are pioneer seeds but i dont know are they gmo or not, neither i know this gmo brings up the yield.
Thanks

So at best yield of 185 your only producing 6.6 bu/1000 seeds and at low end of 120 your at 4.3 bu. You have to determine what is responsible for not getting higher yields, but it's not from lack of seeds I can assure you. Without determining whether it's lack of moisture or lack of nutrients etc, I would be more inclined to reduce population even in twin row until your able to produce more than 7-8 bu consistently. If your managing things very well, 10-12+ bu is still not the top end. VRT seed is something you can do today that will have immediate ROI. Then as you figure out moisture, nutrition, structure issues, whatever, vrt population will evolve with them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)