AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

that slow computer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 2/6/2021 13:55 (#8811296 - in reply to #8810147)
Subject: RE: that slow computer.

East central Iowa

I don't generally charge anybody anymore.  But, I don't do a lot of work anymore because of this ah, virus. 

Most of the people are elderly and have a different concept of cost as related to computer work.   I like to help people and I hope you can understand that many times older people have a different attitude about money and about change.

Yes, I was perturbed but he's a nice guy and set in his ways.  It's fine.

It's been fun most of the time figuring out why a network quits or how to upgrade a recalcitrant operating system.  And I will always remember a 94 year old lady that did something I wouldn't have thought of doing.  She took one of her paintings and ran it through her scanner and printed out a picture on to canvas.  Her original picture was a water color.  It turned out really neat.

Also a lot of the people are very thankful to get their computers running and that's enough for me.  It's a nice feeling to know that these people are able to communicate with friends and family as well as see things and get information that they might not if I didn't help them.

I used to get $25 to $50 and hour but, they were very long hours.  An on the occasion that I took longer than I should the hours were adjusted accordingly.  A lot of people have treated me very well, it's only fair to do the same in return.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)