AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cruciferous vegetables
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/30/2021 14:44 (#8794307 - in reply to #8794187)
Subject: RE: cruciferous vegetables

Pittsburg, Kansas

I have watched a few of her video presentations and interviews in the past and have always impressed with her knowledge.

Many of the studies she quoted were observational questionnaire studies and correlation often times is not the same as causation. I usually dismiss those type studies UNLESS they have other supporting clinical trials or a lot of anecdotal support. Some things just do not lend well to doing clinical trials so a person has to rely on what is available. But those studies that use food questionnaires can be terribly inaccurate (like asking how many cups of ribs they had the last 5 years) and well as be heavily biased by things like healthy user bias. But she did have some controlled studies in there also.

Dr Paul Salidino had a presentation refuting most of what she was saying in the video. Been quite a while since I viewed it. I suppose I should look it up just as an opposing view to her video. All I remember about it was that he also had compelling arguments against eating large amounts of the green vegetables and also had some science to back up his views.

So who knows. But it would seem to me moderation would certainly be something to consider. The ones that drink a bunch of green smoothies a day I have to question if that is good. Many people that eat only meat seem to be doing fine. Many that eat green vegetables do fine also. So in the end maybe our bodies can handle both extremes reasonably well? Seems like somewhere in the middle would not be too bad.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)