AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

copy and paste problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/20/2009 23:41 (#687712 - in reply to #687699)
Subject: Re: copy and paste problem

If you search for the problem you're having on google you will find that many people experience this same problem. Someone posted that the real solution was to uninstall Microsoft Works, run several programs put out by Microsoft that are meant to clean certain parts of the registry and wipe leftovers left from failed installs and then re-install Microsoft Works.

In my opinion there are many reasons not to use Microsoft Works in the first place, the primary one being that if you ever save a document in the manner that Microsoft Works defaults to and then send it to someone else, they're going to have a heck of a time opening it. It really is very useful to have Microsoft Word rather than Microsoft Works. If you don't want to spend the money, OpenOffice can also save in the .doc format which will allow your friends and family to open it with Word.

To me, this issue, especially since it's a known, essentially un-resolved issue, would be the last straw, especially when there are free alternatives that are much better. On the other hand, you may have some things that require you to use Microsoft Works, or some other reason for sticking with it and that's understandable. I hope it works out for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)