AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

mayer farm equip jeffersoville ohio
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Daddypete
Posted 12/1/2020 11:39 (#8637489 - in reply to #8635314)
Subject: RE: mayer farm equip jeffersoville ohio

Ross County, Ohio
It has a hydraulic line blown under the platform that I can't get to with my tools. Hydraulic pump has a slight leak. The fuel pump has a leak that's getting worse as time goes on. I noticed some dampness around the head covers. During harvest I replaced the alternator and a couple of blown fuses. Two days later I lost the gauges again. I check everything. battery is good, the system is charging perfectly, the cooling blower is working as it should, but the gauges are dead. I checked the fuses, their okay. Searched during a rain day for wire breaks and ground shorts; found nothing. I do a lot of mechanical work on my equipment, but some things I'm not equipt for. The tractor has been great no issues over the years, but it's 30 years old now. It's having issues 30 year old tractors have. I do 90% notill and it's my planter tractor. All total it gets about 150 hours a year put on it and I know that's part of the problem. It sits a lot. after 30 years I probably should consider getting rid of it, but not real impressed with the newer tractors. 29 years and absolutely no issues, and it burns half the fuel of anything in it's class currently produced. It's the only tractor my dad bought new, so there's an emotional attachment too. dumb I know, but it is what it is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)