AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

mayer farm equip jeffersoville ohio
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 12/1/2020 07:06 (#8636934 - in reply to #8634682)
Subject: RE: mayer farm equip jeffersoville ohio

Jeffersonville, OH
Just stopping in to say thank you to all of you. I just try to help folks out when I can. Obviously, I'm not perfect, as none of us are, and with as many people as we deal with on an annual basis, I am bound to upset someone here or there. Is that an excuse, no, but it does happen.

I know who Daddypete is, I do remember talking to him, but I guess I also don't remember things exactly the same as him. However, I will try to contact him and see if I can still help him with his problems.

Thank you all, and whenever I can be of service, I will try. We try to treat everyone the same. I am 3rd generation farm dealer. Grandpa and Dad taught us that a handshake is as good or better than any paper, and that your word is all you have. We know we have not made every customer happy over the ears since grandpa started, but we have more happy than not, I think by a fair margin.

As far as AGCO trying to push the family dealerships out, I won't say thats true at the moment. A few years ago, absolutely. They have backed off on that, I think because we all seem to be holding our own against the more "corporate" stores. Now, would they like us to grow, sure, but they aren't sending us to meetings to ask us whether we're interested in selling out. I still believe I would rather be an AGCO dealer than anything else right now. We have some very good products, we have good people to work with, and the reliability doesn't drive me completely nuts. I have friends with other color dealerships that I don't feel the same way from the discussions we have.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)