AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poultry Barn Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Cobb
Posted 11/29/2020 20:11 (#8633780 - in reply to #8633097)
Subject: RE: Poultry Barn Question

NE Oklahoma
Been raising broilers for 30 years (12 yrs on a company farm 18 on our own farm) i would not want a breeder egg farm it would keep me tied down too bad ,probably a bit more guarantee on the pay but no life i think there is some farms that have automatic packers for the breeder eggs which would be a big help but still not for me. Yes i would do it again it goes good with our cow/calf operation, chicken litter and versatility for a daily schedule , my wife and son and myself can run everything , 6 broiler houses 180,000 hd total per flk and 250 hd of cows it does have its stressful days but what doesn't or everybody would be doing it . I would consider building 4 or 6 more houses if daughter and son inlaw want to hire on , planning on expanding the cow herd but no more chickens without more help . Build new a min of 180- 200,000 hd cap to cash flow with a payoff in 15- 20 yrs so you can live off the farm while paying for it , I'd probably would have mine paid for if i wouldn't of invested in cow/calf operation haha. JMO, take it for what it's worth.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)