AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heating a office in an un-heated barn - electric is my only option what is the safest?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BBfarms
Posted 10/18/2020 08:24 (#8551289)
Subject: Heating a office in an un-heated barn - electric is my only option what is the safest?

SE Michigan
So with my current work state, I am required to work from home. Since the spring, I been working from an 10'x 10' office I had built in my un-heated pole barn. I been getting by with a small electric heater that I turn on in the morning or a small window AC unit for the hot days. I have not heated or cooled it over the night since the temps were not that low here yet. My concern is the electronics that I have in there (monitors) and TV (not for working time) and the sub-freezing temps that will be here soon (SE-Mich) The office is insulated (don't recall the R value) with fiberglass between the studs on the walls and ceiling, there is one window that is on an external wall. I want some kind of heat (electric is about my only option) that I can leave on over night to keep it at least 40 ish and turn up in the morning when I am there to work. My main concern is safety, I don't want to worry about burning the entire barn down if something fails in the heater. I get that electric may not be the most cost effective, but the cost of heating that small of area is worth it to me, I just don't want to stay awake at nights worrying about a fire

Any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)