AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hunting problem in Ohio
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ohiohorsewoman
Posted 10/18/2020 09:10 (#8551393 - in reply to #8551090)
Subject: RE: Hunting problem in Ohio

WJKEIGER - 10/18/2020 05:36

Deer hunters/shooters should ask permission before going onto anyone's land. But, with the out of control population of deer here, farmers really should be thankful that deer are shot/killed by anyone. A friend has lost one hundred acres of soybeans to deer. He is just going to turn it into his crop insurance. He has killed over thirty deer this summer in his many small, scattered, forest surrounded rented fields. And there are still LOTS of deer everywhere.

Here in Ohio verbal permission is not sufficient. Permission MUST be in writing.

You (and I don't necessarily mean you personally) don't understand that landowners cannot allow any comers on their property. I have regular hunters who have put in food plots to harvest deer. It is unfair to them to allow anyone willy nilly to poach, not to mention the potential risk of being shot by someone they don't know is also on the property.

I am fortunate to live in a county that has an aggressive game warden. My rule is that if a hunter cannot produce a signed permit with my signature, they are poaching and should be ticketed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)