AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for new health insurance in 2021
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jeff@JR Production
Posted 10/17/2020 18:57 (#8550594 - in reply to #8550323)
Subject: RE: Looking for new health insurance in 2021

Minnesota/Kentucky fertility based on ENERGY
United Healthcare has been really great insurance for us. We are almost retired, and their wife is Social security, and medicare is too high with experimental chemos. We started a small group, and we are doing pretty well with $1,346.00 a month and $4,200.00 for our wife out of pocket, and $4,200.00 for myself and daughter out of pocket. Our son is $326.00 a month and $4,200.00 max out of pocket. We have been with Medica, BCBS, Health Partners, and we have Prior authorizations that used to take months! the longest we have waited with UHC 2 days. The stress that I used to deal with was raising my blood pressure to 160 over 98. We switched in April as the Covid 19 you could move and no issues. The party we dealt with was from Florida, and found the four best plans at no cost! John was a Godsend. I'm not saying the price we are paying is great. Still, peace of mind to go between Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN, and Barnes-Jewish hospital St Louis, MO no out of network, no co-pay, and 5 visits a month at $25.00 alone is $1,500.00 in savings for my bride let myself. The only thing better is my VA as a disabled veteran; all my medical is covered, which really helps but hoping to find a plan for wife, and we could be down to $550.00, but part C or D is killing us right now this is why we didn't go on Medicare yet. With all the issues that can pop up, make sure you look at the fine print; we didn't. In 2008 in the middle of a rebuild on our home due to mold, we had major medical out of network with Health partners $240,000.00 just to stays, since then our total out of pocket medical, travel, lodging, meals right at $2,000.000.00 and well over $9,000,000.00 on the medical side with insurance. My wife has rare terminal cancer with 500 +/- patients; she had a five-year life expectancy due to 10-25-2016. The blocker chemo has worked well, but the stress my ex put us through didn't help during those times we were in and out of hospitals as the stress for BS court hearings I would find her with massive health issues and since we ended and gave up her health has gotten better. The moral of the story stays health stress-free as possible, and most medical you can make it through but add stress, and it becomes a major event.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)