AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HOME SAUNAS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 10/15/2020 21:45 (#8547960 - in reply to #8545538)
Subject: RE: HOME SAUNAS

NW Iowa
My wife and I were in Finland visiting friends for two weeks about ten years ago. They have a cabin with a wood fired sauna on the edge of the water on a lake. We would bake in the sauna until we were about to melt and the jump in to the 45 degree lake. The shock takes the breath away for a couple seconds but after the shock I could stay in the water maybe 10 minutes. Then it’s back in the sauna and another jump in the lake. This is done buck naked, they don’t wear clothing in the sauna or in the lake. Then we lather up with soap and pour warm lake water over our body to rinse off. A hot brat that has been frying on the sauna stove and a beer to wash it down after the sauna made me about as relaxed as a person can get. They told us the family record for staying in the icy water in the winter is 90 seconds set by her dad. They have a picture of her dad laying on his side on the ice with no clothes on trying to look relaxed. He was quite the character. When we were in a public sauna in Estonia everyone was bare, clothing not allowed but the men's and ladies saunas were separated. It was quite the experience.

Edited by Iowajim 10/15/2020 21:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)