AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

R62 chaffer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Allis4ever
Posted 9/27/2020 19:53 (#8518288 - in reply to #8518247)
Subject: RE: R62 chaffer

central iowa
jadacolu - 9/27/2020 19:36

I'm throwing a little corn over the chaffer. Its a short shoe with the rounded corn chaffer and it doesnt matter how I set anything it always seems theres corn setting on the back axle. Im thinking about taking some 1 1/2 or 2" wide flat and welding or bolting on the back of it at an angle so the corn would have to ride uphill and over it to ride out the back. How completely dumb does that sound? Ive tried every setting every which way and it doesnt matter that thing grinds cobs and that might be most of my problem is too much MOG riding the corn out. Wide spaced cylinder bars all forwards and half the rows left blank in separator side, steep pitched helicals and all sorts of cylinder speed and concave setting experiments and doesnt seem to matter.

Well, I am not running the stock rotor, but i will take a stab at this

First, is concave level, if yes then how much if any wedge are you running on concave. rotor speed? Clearance on concave?

With my precision rotor I start at 3/4" to 1" and 300 rpm, and go up or down from there. with no or very little wedge. I will run as low as 250, but usually takes a lot of power to run there. I open bottom sieve wide open and do everything with the top. I run it pretty open to start then slowly close it until sample is what I want. Doing this keeps the return practically empty and allow as much air as possible to the top to clean with. oh and air wide open

Others will chime in on your board idea, but my guess is no one will like that idea.

some hybrids just break up as well.

Edited by Allis4ever 9/27/2020 19:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)