AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lockown had little impact on virus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/19/2020 08:56 (#8503922 - in reply to #8503752)
Subject: RE: Gee, if only there were some reliable source to use.

Pittsburg, Kansas

It is funny how the meme changes and distorts over time. From flattening the curve to preventing it to second wave.

I had totally forgotten about the swine flu till I watched a video that showed much of the same fear and sensationalism of the time along with the second wave of cases (because of large scale testing, not because a lot of people were sick) but few hospitalizations. Finally the panic died off when people tired of it.

Difference with CV19 is officials took more drastic measures and made sure the public stayed in panic mode. But it also will likely die out as people tire of it. Should be one more big panic inducing push early winter as a few more get deathly sick and reported about in the news.

But if you look at the deaths and hospitalizations, CV19 is following the same curves as other virus and influenza's. It has passed through and harvested the old weak sickly. There will be some that escaped the first round that will succumb this winter but in ever smaller numbers. Then it will be like every other virus we deal with regularly.

That is my prediction. We will see how it turns out.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)