AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

In the spirit of the final 4 Trimble VS Raven?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Weldermedic007
Posted 4/5/2009 02:03 (#669215)
Subject: In the spirit of the final 4 Trimble VS Raven?

So we are replacing our current GPS system with either a Trimble or a raven system. The equipment is this: Tractors 2wd 2-135 1980 mfwd 6145 1994 mfwd 8410 1998, a spra coupe 218 1994 and MF 850 1982. Questions are this: Which steering system is going to work best across out line of equipment. The EZ steer or the Smartsteer I know the coupe is probably out as its non power steering but for the rest? I know brackets will need to be made for them as they are non supported this isn’t a factor. Making them steer the tractor is the issue.
Also pros and cons of the EZ Boom vs. the Switch Pro? Lots of ez stuff on here any ravens out there? Looking for the Bad and the ugly as I know most of the good, feel free to add the good to.
As far as displays pros and cons of the 500 and the envizio pro, looking to have both units do the rate control and section control.
As far as steering the coupe I found a very nice guy on there that has a ez steer on his coupe so there is hope for that.
FYI Trimble dealer is 2.5 hrs or 2 hrs away. The Raven dealer is 10 mins away. I feel very strongly about the Trimble stuff but the raven dealer as told me not to run out and buy it just yet so Need your folks informed input thanks Tracy
TIA

P.S. Prices are with in $1000 dollars or less for all three units.
[email protected] should you have more questions:)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)