AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

some teachers dont want to go back till 14 days no posivitive test mi
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerBeef
Posted 8/7/2020 21:07 (#8421732 - in reply to #8421603)
Subject: RE: some teachers dont want to go back till 14 days no posivitive test mi

Northeast Nebraska
Farmerjonathan - 8/7/2020 20:04

This is usually a generous, helpful and caring site. But the hating of teachers. I don't understand it. You are using the term "teacher" yet we (yes, proud to be an Ag. teacher for 34 years) we are not in charge of school starting or being virtual. In fact, if my school goes virtual, I run the risk of being laid off. Don't throw all teachers in one bucket.

Couldn't agree more. The hate of teachers here just doesn't make sense. If the parents have these attitudes towards the teachers it's no wonder why so many kids disrespect the authority of a teacher these days.

The teacher's union and the majority of teachers are not one in the same. Many teachers of our district have told me the only reason they are part of the union is for legal defense from over eager sue-happy parents that think their child never does anything wrong. The rest of the union platform is not supported by most rural teachers I would argue.

Now with that said, the teachers don't make the rules and mandates. Within an hour of our school announcing it would require masks my wife received two phone calls. One parent was upset threatening to send their child to an in home private "school" because she couldn't stand the thought of her child traumatized by seeing everyone in masks. The other parent threatened to pull her children and homeschool because being "in a room together" with other students was just too dangerous.

My wife had no input in making the plan, she is just there to teach. She wants the kids in the building, no matter how they have to make that happen. It's a no win situation with all of this. If you have a problem with it talk to your school boards and administration. The teachers aren't the ones calling the shots.

Don't think that media coverage from the mega media outlets and big city democrat teacher's union reps is a fair representation of all teachers, because it isn't even close.

Edited by HuskerBeef 8/7/2020 21:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)