AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

some teachers dont want to go back till 14 days no posivitive test mi
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Sswany
Posted 8/7/2020 09:57 (#8420656 - in reply to #8420254)
Subject: RE: some teachers dont want to go back till 14 days no posivitive test mi

NEIL

I work maintenance at a hospital..........have been in patients rooms with COVID-19........and if they are admitted, they are in the most severe category.........which is probably in the .02% of people.......with the unreliability of the test and politicalization of the virus, who knows? 

It’s no big deal.........wear a face mask and proper ppe, and take care of business.

We don’t require the patient to put on a mask when we enter their room, we incur the responsibility to keep safe, and don a mask and gloves to protect ourselves......We are also screened everyday in order to reduce the risk of infected staff infecting other patients and staff......

With these protections in place, I believe that the staff here is as healthy as any time in the ten years I have worked here......far less sick days than normal years.........probably because everyone’s paying more attention to the little hygienic practices that do matter

Take this to the classroom.........if the teachers are scared of their own shadow.......and I do believe that they are just too used to not going to work, and still getting paid..........why aren’t they the ones to wear the proper ppe??

Its not the kids responsibility to wear the ppe......it’s the staff’s responsibility to protect themselves.........

If I were to decide that it is too dangerous to go to work because there are COVID positive people where I work, how long do you think I would have a job??   What if I asked them to send me a paycheck while I sit at home??  

Ok......what if I suggest that someone else do the hands-on job of fixing stuff.........kinda like letting parents do the job of teaching..........but I will stay home where it’s “save”, and I just get on my computer a couple times a day, and tell the hands on staff what they should be doing???

If I were to seriously suggest any of these options, I would be thanked for my service and promptly replaced......

Why don’t we open the schools, allowed the teachers the option to wear whatever ppe they deem appropriate,,,,,,and for the teachers that feel this is unacceptable, thank them for their service and promptly replace them??? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)