AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dollar Stores
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Survivor
Posted 8/7/2020 16:21 (#8421243 - in reply to #8419268)
Subject: RE: Dollar Stores

Moreauville LA
billw - 8/6/2020 16:52

Dollar General just built their 3rd store here, and rumor has it the oldest DG here (moved into an old existing building several years ago) will now be closing. The other DG in town was built new about 5 years ago and will remain open.

For those who want to shop DG, that's obviously their choice. I personally find DG stores I've been in to be very disorganized and trashy in just a short time after opening, whether in new or existing buildings. Seems like both DG and Dollar Tree here must be making money, as they continue to either build new or stay open.

This new DG store opened a week to 10 days ago, and the outside looks so trappy. They're set up to put the trash dumpster on the most visible corner of the building, right at the 1st intersection right off an Interstate exit. so you can plainly see it when approaching from different directions. The trash dumpster, the wood pallets stacked up in a very sloppy manner (or just tossed here/there, as the case may be), and all the cardboard boxes and other trash strewn and wind-blown all around in the grass and into a nearby ditch, really are impressive....welcome to the town!! The opposite corner of the building, away from the intersection and much more out-of-sight with trees around, would have worked just fine, but I guess DG thought everyone needed to see all of their outside trash site. This makes me despise DG even more, as it looks like the company/corporation has absolutely no standards in trying to make their stores look decent outside.

There is one near here, in a rather rough, poor demographic area, that I swear the kids, some adults as well, don't wash their clothes. They go swap them out and leave the dirty clothes on the floor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)