AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DEF Storage Solution
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

SSF
Posted 8/1/2020 09:45 (#8408570 - in reply to #8404748)
Subject: RE: DEF Storage Solution

Cadiz Kentucky
Ben,
Depending how much you use per year, if a tanker load per 18 months or split a load with neighbor is only way to go. I added a 6500 gal poly water tank with electric pump in shed corner 4 years ago. Insulated and enclosed with a self contained heat/ac unit to keep it in a temperature zone. Buried line inside PVC to fuel Island and put a enclosed hose reel in box with temp operated small heat lamp. Have remote switch at reel just as fuel pumps. Simple, extremely reliable and cost savings on DEF. Not sure of DEF price today, but filled up 12 months ago for .79 or .80. As I’m sure you are aware bulk DEF follows Urea price fairly close. I have sent samples off and I think it is 15-16% nitrogen as it is mixed with “deionized” I think is the term water. If you can use up 4500-5000 gl load in 18 month will save a lot of time and money. Fill up DEF tank or jugs while filling anything else. Be glad to send pictures of my design as I did it myself and would not change one thing. Curious as to what DEF is costing you in totes? Also you can haul yourself if tanker is cleaned from terminal.

Hope this helps
Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)