AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Development – Steering Algorithms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mx270a
Posted 4/6/2009 10:21 (#670750 - in reply to #670508)
Subject: Re: Development – Steering Algorithms

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I'm currently using a bang bang valve for turning the steer axle, same as Outback uses. My control card would be happy to do PWM, but as of yet, I don't have the math good enough that a PWM valve will help. Once I get the math improved, a PWM valve will be next on the to-do list. As such, I run the current valve in pulses if I only need it to move a bit, and solid on if I want it to move a lot. I'd call that stepped.

I'm not currently using anything to account for the delay in hydraulic response. I am doing some math to account for the delay in the machine's heading. A wheeled machine can't instantly change heading, so I do some look ahead to predict what the heading will be based on current heading and yaw rates.

Asking how the software is set up is a very open ended question. I started by using a database to store the settings and data, but encountered some data corruption and decided that single file storage is a bad approach for numerous reasons. I then switched over to using plain old text files, and found something like a 10x increase in IO speed. This change has also allowed the inter-vehicle sync to work much more efficiently.

-Lance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)