AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Development – Steering Algorithms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Busboy
Posted 4/4/2009 12:27 (#668544 - in reply to #668257)
Subject: Re: Development – Steering Algorithms

Hey Lance,

Just thinking here a bit, trying to remember descriptions/functions of some of the parameters we could play with on different steering systems I've looked at/played with.

Rate of departure...trying to look at your trajectory, even if you are very close to the line. The idea here is to become more aggressive w/ the steering, even if you are very close to the line, or even within the window you may have allowed, if you are starting to go off course, even before you do.

Rate of acquisition...trying to look at how soon you will hit the line, and becoming less aggressive in order to prevent shooting past the line.

Adding slope sensing to our earliest system helped our ability to stay in the window dramatically, even on ground that had very little slope, as I think it aided the "rate of departure" algorithm in sorting out what was an actual departure from the line vs. a very small bump or change in elevation on one side of the tractor.

I'll look at some descriptions of some other parameters on our systems, and if I can find anything worthwhile, I'll let you know.

As a side note, I'm curious as to which correction system you plan on using this year. If you don't want to tip your hand just yet, I understand.

Irv
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)