AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fan vs Racoon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/14/2020 05:52 (#8372543 - in reply to #8368502)
Subject: There are plenty around here

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yesterday, We tried to haul some soybeans. We had problems with the motor on the grain bin auger, later a bearing went out in the PTO driven swing auger that we used to load the truck making a large pile of beans on the ground until we got the first auger shutdown. We then went to another location to get a conveyor to use instead.

This conveyor was set up next to a corn bin. My great nephew started it up to run out any odd corn still in it before we moved it to use it for the soybeans. As he ran it a bit a small raccoon came tumbling out the end and hit the ground. The coon got up and staggered off.

Once we got the swing auger off to the side and stuck the conveyor in its place we tried using a shop vac to clean out the swing auger as still contained a fair amount of soybeans making it heavy to move. We couldn't get my shop vac to run due to a problem with an extension cord. We finally got the load loaded but it took all morning.

I'm still trapping at my place but have only gotten one raccoon. I know there are many more as I noticed 3 road kill within a half mile of my place.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)