AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fan vs Racoon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MN Dave 2
Posted 7/12/2020 10:15 (#8368933 - in reply to #8368857)
Subject: RE: Fan vs Racoon

About 20 years ago we were sitting in our shop when our 2 dogs started to go crazy back by the combine. Figuring that they were after a rat in the combine, I went to start the combine and give the rat a ride. The engine acted funny, only turned over a little bit. Went to investigate and here there was a coon mangled between the engine fan and radiator. He was still alive, but I figured he wouldn't last long, so waited a few minutes to dig him out. 10 minutes later my son looks in there and says "he's still alive and he's trying to get out... and he is pissed". Another 10 minutes pass and I look in the engine compartment, between the engine and grain tank (2188) and the coon is out of the radiator/fan area, but he has a foot stuck between a fan blade and the plastic fan shield. ... and he is NOT happy.... and he is pretty sure who did this to him. Our 2 dogs are going crazy... Now what. I had to crawl into the engine compartment with him.... use a long pry bar to free his leg.... he was running on top of the grain tank extensions when I shot him with a 44 mag revolver using some shells full of #8 shot (for rats...another story), blew him into the grain tank. Dogs are really going crazy.... coon crawls out of the grain tank and I shoot him again when he gets on top of the cab roof, this blows him onto the ground where the dogs attack him. There is a running fight out the shop and I finally finish him off with 2 rounds of 9mm before he kills our 2 dogs. (the coon was kicking butt) That was one tough coon.

A couple of weeks later, sitting in shop... dogs start going crazy back by the combine.... you don't suppose..... I go look in the engine compartment before I start combine and sure enough, another #@$%&^^ coon snuggled in the fan/radiator area looking back at me.

We'd never had a coon in the radiator/fan before and haven't had one since, but those 2 weeks.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)